MFNI Children’s Department: The Bits & Pieces
LOCATION: MusicFirst NI: An Independent School of Music (NIC104806) at 46 Botanic Ave. (First Floor), Belfast BT7 1JR
PARKING: On street parking available.
CHILD PROTECTION: If you would like to view MFNI’s Child Protection Policy, any tutor can provide you with a copy.
CPO – Ms Becca Hopkins Becca@MusicFirstNI.com 07870 683757
Deputy DPO – Miss Aoife Lynch Aoife.firstname.lastname@example.org 07599 708283
PUNCTUALITY: Plan to be in the building five minutes before class time so you can take care of coats, snacks, toilet visits, etc. before class begins.
***Please arrive in good time to collect your children***
No child primary school age or younger will be allowed to leave the immediate MFNI premises without a parent / caregiver. If you have any concerns regarding this, please address it directly with your instructor or one of MFNI’s CPOs
HALLWAYS and WAITING ROOM: We share an on-street entrance and hallway with a couple of other businesses. For the safety of your own children, please mind them at all times when in the hall. Our waiting room is just through MFNI's own entrance. Please feel free to stay and observe your child's class. Because it is technically an "open studio," should you choose to observe the class, please be aware of potential distractions and keep them to a minimum for your child and others. Likewise, if you arrive early, please be respectful of other lessons.
CLOTHING/FOOTWEAR: There are coat racks in the studio. Please use these to keep all distractions (including nappy bags) tidied- away. You can also leave them in the Waiting Room (MFNI cannot take any responsibly for lost or stolen items). Upon entering the main studio, please remove your outdoor shoes and place them in the blue storage bin. Bare feet, socks, slippers or strictly indoor shoes are all options for class. Dress comfortably in layers for class, as the studio can warm up quickly!
ILLNESS: In consideration of all, and for your child’s comfort, please keep your child home if s/he is suffering from a cold, a bad cough, a fever, a communicable disease, an unexplained rash, head lice, etc. Remember that you can reschedule and attend the alternative weekly class (See “Make-Up Classes” below).
FOOD: Please keep all snacks outside of the studio. You are welcome to enjoy a snack in the Waiting Room. Drinks such as water and formula (and of course breast feeding) are allowed in studio, but bottles / sippy-cups must be stored out of reach (until needed). Please ensure that your child does not go into class with a snack. If a child urgently needs a bite mid-class, just take her or him out into the waiting room or hall for this. Mothers are of course welcome to breastfeed as needed.
TOILET and NAPPIES: The toilet is located just across the hall. It is marked "MusicFirst NI Toilet." Because we share the hall with other businesses, our toilet remains locked at all times. The key is available to all MFNI families. It hangs to the right of our door, next to the light switch. Please accompany your child. Our toilet is quite small, so please feel free to change nappies in the studio or waiting room during class.
Level 2: Our Time -
You are most welcome to bring along a visiting grandparent or another adult to your child's class without prior notification. You are also welcome to bring along another family (i.e. child and adult) for one free class visit per visiting family as long as
1. the child is the right age for the curriculum, and
2. you have booked the visit ahead of time with Ms Becca.
Level 3: Imagine That!, Levels 4&5: Young Child & Music FUNdamentals -
If there is a family you would like to introduce to MFNI Children’s Dept., please speak with your instructor about a class visit.
Should a child miss a class, a Make-Up class (attending the alternative weekly class) can be booked with Ms Becca. If the rescheduled class is not attended for any reason, no credit can be given, for the class must still run and the student’s place secured.
If for any reason Ms Becca is unable to teach a previously scheduled class, she will offer an alternative day and time for the class to run. By giving notice of no less than 24 hours, should you be unable to attend the rescheduled class, a credit of one class towards the next Term will be given. Without 24 hours notice, no credit can be given, for the class must still run and the student’s place secured.
Discounts will be deducted from the full cost of tuition fees at the time of registration for the upcoming Term.
- A credit is valued at the cost of one class (variable according to curriculum) and will be deducted as part of the invoice for the upcoming
Term. Credits can only be applied towards the immediately following Term (from Term 1 to Term 2; from Term 3 to Term 1, etc.)
- A credit may be given as a result of rescheduled classes
• Referral Discount:
- Given as a ‘Thank You’ for introducing new families to Kindermusik. If you invite a family to attend ‘Kindermusik with Becca’, and they
choose to register (paying in full), each of your currently registered children will receive a credit towards the next Term.
• Sibling Discount:
- If you register 2 or more of your children into the program, you will receive 10% off the total of your tuition fees (percentage calculated after
subtracting all other credits & discounts)
- No sibling discount is available for the short units (Kindermusik Adventures)
*Music FUNdamentals Not Included
• Helping Hands:
- 10% off the fees for the upcoming unit for volunteering at a MFNI event, such as an Open Day or Holiday Party
(percentage calculated after subtracting all other credits & discounts)
- When required, the managing director will make a request for volunteers
Terms & Conditions
Please note that all classes must be paid for in advance. Late payment will incur a £5 Administration Charge and may be subject to an Interest Fee of 8%.
• Deposit of £55 and Registration Details given (via Enrolment Form, Email or PayPal Form) is required to secure a place in your chosen class (fee inclusive of At Home Materials & first class of Term) . Any registration made after the Term’s Registration Deadline will incur a £5 Administration Charge.
• The remaining balance of tuition fees should be paid by or on the first day of class
- Should this, for any reason, be impossible, the director can arrange a payment plan- maximum two payments.
o Otherwise, late Term fees will also incur a £5 charge per week late
*The full payment will be due on/by the 1st class of the Term, if the 2nd class is given without full payment having been made, the £5
fee will be applied. Should the 3rd class of term pass without payment, the added fee will be £10...the 4th - £15, etc.
• NOTE: Extenuating circumstances will of course be considered with discretion
• If registration is cancelled before the first class, a refund of tuition fees minus a cancellation fee of £25 will be given.
• If a withdraw is made after the semester has begun, tuition fees will be credited toward the following Term, minus a cancellation fee of £25. The credit will be dated from the director’s receipt of your written notification of your withdrawal.
• Satisfaction guaranteed: If you are unhappy with your MFNI experience after attending the first five consecutive classes and wish to discontinue, you will receive a refund of tuition fees (for the classes that have not yet been given) minus a cancellation fee of £25.
Once your child is registered by way of £55 deposit paid and registration details given (via Enrolment Form, Email or PayPal Form) you agree to pay in full all tuition costs (accounting for any discounts and credits) as well as any cancellation fees. Failure to pay in full the total cost of any unit in which a student has been enrolled and received the At Home Materials may result in appropriate legal action being taken.
By enrolling a child in MFNI Children’s Department. (by way of Enrolment form, Email or PayPayl), the listed Account Holder has entered into the contractual agreement (as described above) with Ms. Becca Hopkins